The Ricks Family

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Random...

I love doing crafts. Unfortunately, I don't have much time for that anymore. So when I can make a fast and fun little craft I do. Usually we use my craft stuff in homeschool to make crowns. Or zebras. Or  butterflies. We have a lot of fun with it. So here are some pictures I took of us getting some use out of my craft stuff.



Our teachers changed with the new school year at speech and occupational therapy. 
So we made these to give to our old teachers on the last day.


Lauren invited us to her birthday party. I made this really quick. I printed on colored paper then cut it to make the flag. Used a piece of white tissue paper. I didn't have any brown tissue paper for the bottom. And as usual I was running late and didn't want to stop to get any. So I had a cardboard box. I cut strips and pulled the front and back apart to make this really cool zigzag design. Add a gift card and free cup and you have yourself a birthday present. (Lauren if you are reading this…don't judge me :)


A couple of weeks ago in school we were learning about jewels. I had some crowns in my craft stuff and tons of jewels. So they glued them on. Added some yarn for them to wear it. Even today Jon had his on. It is so funny seeing them in it.


Today we are learning about butterflies. The boys traced their hand with their fingers together, cut it out, glued it down. I cut a butterfly body. Then they decorated their butterflies with glitter glue.


I know this has nothing to do with this post but I can't help myself. This week Wesley was scared. (really just wanted to sleep in our room). So we told him he could sleep in our room until he feel asleep then we were going to take him to his bed. When I went in to take him to his bed he was sleeping with one leg up…dead asleep. How do you do that???   :)




Fun times that I would not trade for anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment