The Ricks Family

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Renee Says Week 3

Renee "I have to go potty mom". So I say "then go potty". Renee says..."Great idea cuz I have to go bad"

In the bath tub washing her body. She is using body wash that gets really soapy. She says "I want to get this all over me so I will look like a snowman". I say "you mean snow woman"? Renee says..."No, Snow White"

Renee has been sick this week with a bad cough. Asthma + Bad Weather = Sleepless nights. So she has been coughing every couple of seconds and it is just gut wrenching. So she is on medication and she has to take it every 4 hours even through the night, unless she is sleeping fine without it. Usually when she is sick she sleeps in our room so we can listen out for her. Last night I was at practice (for church) and Mike stayed home with the kids. He went and prayed with each boy. Mike walks into Renee's room to pray with her and doesn't see her in there. Then he hears her yell from our room "Daddy, Im in your bed". So he walks into our room and she says "You know I sleep in your bed when I'm sick" (like duh, what were you thinking!!!) He says "uhhh, ok" So then she pushes her luck and says "can I watch a movie"?

Out to eat at lunch Renee got in trouble for something and snapped an attitude with me. Mike was sitting beside me. (He does not let them talk disrespectful to me. That is one of his trigger points). As soon as she realized what she had just done she turned her head towards him and said just as fast and angelic as she could "Daddy, I love you". He lost it. He broke out laughing. It was just so fast. Totally unexpected.  :)


Mike found a song this week that he has been singing. It cracks me up. It says...

I think I'm going to throw up, I think I'm going to throw up, I think I'm going to throw up my hands to the Lord.

I think I'm going to hurl, I think I'm going to hurl, I think I'm going to hurl my sins right out the door.


 

I hope you had a great Wednesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment