The Ricks Family

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Birthday Girl Renee

Sunday, May 13 on Mother's day I was able to tell my baby girl happy birthday for the first time. My kids for the first time were able to tell me Happy Mother's day. What an incredible day. My heart is very happy.



We spent Saturday night enjoying the evening. Mike made italian, my favorite. They surprised me with a cake and a pot of lilies to plant. For anyone that knows me well knows that I love lilies. Mike took care of the kids bedtime routine. Bath, Teeth, Pj's, and all that goes along with it. A night where I could relax was just what I was looking forward to.

Then Sunday came and I woke up to the birthday girl climbing in the bed. After telling her happy birthday she proceeded to say "where is my daddy". I get that question a lot on Sundays since he leaves the house before anyone is awake. Can we sat "daddy's girl" So then I had to get her back to the important matter on hand...her birthday.

We took some pictures for her invitations. I have them for you to see since I was unable to post them yesterday on Media Monday. Forgive me...life has been busy.

We started revival this Sunday at church so we have been there a lot. Which is definitely needed. I am getting a lot out of it. But then we also have a party for Renee this coming Sunday at the new house. Which is just crazy. We are scrambling to finish unpacking, painting just enough to get by, and doing some (very little) decorating so that we can have the house ready for company. Then on top of all of that I am running around to get supplies, presents, and party decorations. We just came off of visiting family for the week since Mike was gone on a business trip. So there is the unpacking of that and now laundry to do. Oh yea, then throw home school into the mix. So, I hope you understand me being a day late.

I give a BIG Thank you to Tina Bishop, she made Renee's shirt and did an amazing job. If you want/need (I always say it is a NEED) something made she is the girl to do it. Here is her Facebook info. http://www.facebook.com/Designsbytina

Please enjoy the birthday girl...










Yes... I made the tutu. I was very pleased with myself   :)

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are great!!! and you did a wonderful job on the Tutu!!! :)

    ReplyDelete