The Ricks Family

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Revived

What to write about... It is late and I am up. Not really sure why :)

This week has been great. We have been on a fifteen day revival at our church. It ended Sunday. What a great time we had in the word. Very refreshing. However, tonight we were back in the normal swing of things.

We have a readiness meeting at our church, which is for every Sunday school teacher. It is broken up by departments. I teach in the preschool, so I attend the preschool one. Shocking I know. lol. It was so nice to see everyone again. We have seen each other but not really spent time with one another during the revival. So that was a nice time. We took turns talking about what we got out of the last fifteen days. What a blessing to hear everyone share and just catch up.

One thing that really stood out to me was when a guy in the meeting was talking about being selfish vs. selfless. How when we have our own schedule we seem to forget about being patient and loving towards our children. It is like go to the bathroom, wash your hands, and lets go. Then ten minutes later you look and they are doing karate kicks in the bathroom...really... right now you decide to practice your kicks when thirty minutes ago I begged you to. :) The bottom line is though we have schedules and busy times, to not let it get to us and get impatient. Does it really matter if we show up just a few minutes late. (Now trust me I always strive to be on time...but it is not the end of the world if we every now and then are a few minutes late). I feel I am most stressed when I am running late or don't give us enough time to get out of the door. So I need to learn to plan extra time in so that doesn't happen. So even after going through the revival and getting all that I received out of it. Sitting in a meeting talking about it I am still learning.

After our meeting we have choir practice. Man have I missed that. I love being with friends and worshiping our Christ. Our practice isn't just a practice, it is a time to get with God and worship. I love that. We are the leaders of our church and on Sunday morning we lead through worship. On Sundays we are split up between our two services so on Wednesday night when we are all together it is just awesome. I love the music we do and hearing all the voices and instruments.

So moral of the story is I have missed my routine and I'm glad to be back in the midst of it.

Hope you had a wonderful Wednesday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment