The Ricks Family

Thursday, May 3, 2012

National Day of Prayer

Prayer...What is it and what does it mean to you?

Prayer is the most powerful thing we can do as Christians. I love that there is a day dedicated to just that. Although, shouldn't everyday be?

Matthew 26:41 says, "Keep alert and pray. Otherwise temptation will overpower you. For though the spirit is willing enough, the body is weak!"

We are all going through something that is a burden. If you aren't you will be soon. That is the way we work. But don't you like being at the place where you are not in control and you can only call on Him? That is the place I long to be. Where I know no matter what I do, it won't be enough. It makes me dependent on Him and not myself. It is very easy for me to fall into being independent and thinking I can take over the world. But I do not need to be proud and instead remember who is in charge. He is in control of every action, even if I think it was of my own doings.

So remember today, on this day of prayer who is really in charge of your life. And call on Him. Thank him for your many blessings. And if they are hard to see right now, maybe you are in a great place...vulnerable.



Dear Lord. Thank You for my beautiful blessings that You have trusted me with. Thank You for coming to this Earth and living a sinless life and dying on the cross. Thank You for allowing a sinner like me to one day go to heaven. I don't deserve it. But thank You! Help me to be vulnerable and trust in You. Help me to be Your light to the World! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment